FCS Data Analysis Notes
Here you will find technical notes on analyzing fluorescence correlation spectroscopy data, divided into the following categories:
What are FCS data outputs?
- FCS Output Parameters: An overview of the FCS fitted parameters and their physical relevances.
- System Response Parameters: An explanation of fitted system response parameters output by the QuantumXpert FCS Spectrometer
How do I know the data are meaningful?
- Choosing Between FCS Fitting Models: Guidelines on choosing the appropriate FCS fitting equations.
How do I draw conclusions from the data?
- Averaging Correlation Times vs. Averaging Diffusion Coefficients: A note about the differences in these two data averaging methods.
- Interpreting Fitted Fractions in FCS: Correcting fitted fractions for differences in counts/particle.
Having trouble analyzing FCS data? See our FCS Troubleshooting Tips.